Tuesday 2 October 2018

10 Things I Love About Autumn


I don't know about you, but I LOVE Autumn. We all know when Autumn has arrived when Starbucks announce their pumpkin spiced lattes and the shops are filled with all things knitwear. I think for me, the Autumn months have to be my favourite months of the year. Don't get me wrong, I love Summer too, but once my birthday is over at the end of August, I just want it to get colder and wrap up in my jumpers and coats.

To get us into the Autumn mood, I thought I'd kickstart with a good old '10 things I love about Autumn' (standard). Who doesn't love a list?

1. Dark nights. I love light nights in the Summer but when the dark nights start to creep in, it makes me excited for Christmas. As I'm sitting here writing this blog post, it's actually really dark outside (and raining), and I've never been so relaxed. I always love the cosy feel that they bring and especially when you're wrapped up in bed and not going anywhere, it's the perfect feeling.

2. Candles. Oh my goodness gracious me, I love candles. What's not to love?! I light candles all year round but it doesn't get as serious as it does from September. I light a candle nearly everyday, just for a few hours, and it makes my room smell so Autumnal, particularly when the cinnamon and pumpkin scents come out to play. 

3. Rain. This is funny because I hate rain when I'm out in it but when I'm all warm and cosy inside and I can hear the rain hitting off my window, I'm in heaven. And what's better than that? Thunderstorms.

4. Chunky knits. I love a good woolly jumper and what is a better time to get them out than in Autumn. In England, it's always cold, and I have already whacked out the chunky knits. A jumper and a pair of leggings is my cosy Autumnal night outfit. What's not to love?

5. Boots. It's officially Autumn when the black boots appear from my wardrobe. Give me a pair of chunky heeled boots anyway.

6. Fairy lights. I actually don't think there's any better feeling than coming home from work, changing into some comfy clothes, lighting a candle and turning on my fairy lights.

7. Fires. We have a log burner at home and to be completely honest, we've already started lighting it!

8. Coats. I'm a coat fanatic. Most people tend to buy one Autumn/Winter coat for the year but me? No, I have 10. 

9. Autumn colours. Khaki, burgundy, black, grey and white. I love wearing these type of colours. I feel like they're the perfect Autumnal combination and match the leaves on the trees. Because who doesn't love to coordinate with trees ey?

10. Baths. I have baths all year round and there is no secret in that. But there's something about a bath in Autumn/Winter when it's cold outside that makes them much more special. Using a bath bomb that smells just like Autumn would smell, if it had a smell (SMELL SMELL SMELL), puts the icing on the cake.


What's your favourite thing about Autumn?

Charlotte xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig